Tuesday, May 4, 2010

...and we're back.

It's been a long few weeks, but things seem to have calmed down now.  At least for a while.

So first, a video of each of the girls & an update...since they are the important ones!

Cassidy is getting so big! She's talking & talking lately, which is nothing new, but words are getting clearer. She speaks in short sentences most of the time - although needs some reminding about it. We're so proud of her lately since "please", "thank you" & "you're welcome" are beginning to come naturally. She's still definitely two & shows it sometimes, but is starting to understand & verbalize feelings. The other night she was none to happy about going to bed & I had to take a deep breathe to remain calm.  She looked at me & said, "You frustrated Mama? I give you big hug...feel better?" Pretty good for two, right?

Kalea is growing like a weed. She had her 6 month appointment last week (yes, even though this week she turned 7 months!). Her updated stats are: 16 lbs 2 oz (50th percentile for weight), 28 inches long (90th percentile for height).  The pediatrician said she was just perfect for growth & development. We have to agree. In the last week she's found her voice & is constantly babbling. It's ridiculously adorable.

Michael & I are also doing pretty well. My work conference went pretty well & I'm glad it's over for this time around. We got some good & constructive feedback for next time around. We also got some not so constructive feedback from attendees who complained that we had the conference on a day that it snowed. If only I were so powerful to control that! But, I too was quite surprised that it snowed the last two days of April & into the first few days of May! I'm spending this week wrapping things up & then on to the next project - National Health Center Week (8/8-8/14). Michael has been keeping busy at work as well. I think, though, we're both looking forward to summer & a vacation. Maybe this will be the year we get to the beach. Can you believe that, in the almost 7 years we've know each other, we've never been to the beach? It's a little ridiculous.

Lastly, I'm trying to get back to the Blog Dare topics. Today is "Tasteful Tuesday" & I'd like to share my new favorite cookie from a box. May I present "Newman-O's Hint O'Mint" cookies. I am an Oreo fan, but these are better. Newman's regular Newman-O's are good, probably better than regular Oreos. But these are just fantastic. And they carry them at our regular grocery store too, not just the fancy-schmancy grocery store.  Try them!

5 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

Aww your girls are getting so big!! I'm wondering where you were that it snowed at the end of April? That's insane. I only thought that happened on Little House on the Prairie (for ratings, of course). LOL.

Beth said...

Your girls are just beautiful! :)

I wanted to leave you a message about having moved my blog since you have been one of my beloved followers. I moved it this past weekend and it is now at http://www.bethszimmerman.com/ I would love it if you would come visit ... and maybe even follow again. :)

Thanks!

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said...

They are soooo cute!!!Snow at the end of April-wow!

A. Pearce said...

Welcome back! Cassidy reminds me of Felicity. She's so cute! You know, as I was reading this post, I was thinking about how glad I am that you and Michael moved in next door. You guys are so great!

Unknown said...

Thanks all.

@DramaMama-We're in Utah. The conference was at this swanky resort/conference center way up in the mountains. Beautiful, but snowy!

@Beth-I'll definitely drop by. Thanks for the update!

@TLFs-We're so glad we moved in next door to you too. As much as I wish y'all were still here, I enjoy keeping up with you via blog!