Saturday, January 16, 2010

she sleeps!

Well I may jinx myself, but we're working on a week of Kalea napping by herself in the co-sleeper. It's exciting, let me tell you, to have my arms free for a few hours each day. In fact, I have a few moments to update this blog because she's been napping for...2 hours! Both Michael & I are praying it's the beginning of being as good a sleeper as her big sister.

Because the Salt Lake Valley looked like this (top picture) earlier this week, we've done a lot of inside activities lately. (It normally should look like the bottom picture.) The inversion is in full force. It's actually been colder down here in Salt Lake City than up at higher altitudes like Park City. Cassidy has been learning some of her letters lately. Currently she can identify A, C, I, O, Q, R, W, & Y on a regular basis. She got a few ABC toys for Christmas & has been obsessed with the alphabet ever since. She's also counting everything...usually 5 ends up lost in the shuffle & once she gets to 13 she starts over, but I'm pretty impressed with her for being only 2 years old! We headed to the Discovery Gateway Museum & used our family pass (thanks again to Gran & Poppy for the thoughtful Christmas gift!) on Friday. Cassidy had a ball playing with the other kids & I was happy to talk to a few adults during the day!

This week Cassidy will start a class at The Little Gym that will meet each Thursday through May. Hopefully she'll have a good time tumbling, jumping & playing with
other kids her age. No worries, I will be sure to take lots of pictures! My work schedule will change as of this week to work on Monday & Tuesday instead of spreading hours out through the week. Michael will watch the girls on Monday & Tuesday they'll spend the day with Jen. Other than that, we're just getting ready to head back to PA for a short visit February 10-15, for Jenny to return for another 12 week rotation at Primary Children's Hospital, as well as a visit from some friends from Atlanta in early March. Have a great MLK weekend!

No comments: