I came across this post via Pinterest last weekend after getting home from Elliot's Farm nearby Gran & Poppy's house, where we were spending Easter.
|We saw llamas, peacocks, chickens, roosters, goats & more with Saige & Poppy!|
All said, each girl picked nearly a full bucket & we ended up with close to 8 lbs of strawberries which we split between Gran, Aunt Dawn & us. And, even though we picked at them for the rest of the weekend there were still a lot left today - and they were starting to turn. It was time to make strawberry cake!
Strawberry Yogurt Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tb. lemon juice, divided
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 8 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 12 oz. fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Instructions1. Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. Sift together the 2 ¼ cups of flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside. Note: Do not leave bowl of flour in front of two year old & turn around. Blowing will be irresistible & the mess will be large.
2. With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 1 Tb. lemon juice. Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated.
Toss the strawberries with the remaining ¼ cup of flour. Gently mix them into the batter. Note: Turn around again & the 2 year old will start taking pictures with your camera!
4. Pour the batter into the Bundt pan. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
6. Once cooled whisk together the remaining 2 Tb. of lemon juice and the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of the cake. Eat!!