Thursday, July 22, 2010

not a product endorsement.

(but these two things are pretty awesome*)

Summer has arrived here in Utah. Today the temperature hovered around 92° F with a nice breeze, which in all honesty isn't that bad as long as you can find some shade. My social two year old wants to be out doing something every day all day. Today's adventures took us to The Little Gym & then over to the Gateway for lunch, a quick trip into Gymboree & then to an appointment at the Apple store to see if my phone could be fixed. (it can't. awesome.)

This afternoon we ventured out into the heat to use our new Bubble Ooodles - the sole reason we visited Gymboree. This thing is awesome. Although she's been getting better about it lately, for the most part Cassidy tends to lick the bubble wand when she "blows" bubbles. Clearly it isn't effective & she ends up frustrated with a yucky taste in her mouth. However, this thing - this fantastic, wonderful invention - lets her blow ridiculous amounts of bubbles without the previously mentioned issues. The wonderful teachers at The Little Gym have a couple that they use at the end of each class & the kids go wild every.single.time. Get one.

courtesy: The Innocent Primate Vegan Blog
Playing outside when it's 92° F gets a little warm. The girls have recently discovered a love for all things popsicle related. Most of the stuff I've been able to find is either complete sugar water or, if it's real-fruit-based it isn't contained in any sort of squeezable container that prevents complete drippage down the face, shirt, shoes & any other body part that happens to be in the way. But there is this one product that we should buy stock in because it's so good & we buy it way too much. Smooze. Yes, you read that right, Smooze. It's frozen fruit + coconut goodness. It's vegan & gluten-free so it has to be good for you, right? Thanks to Ryan & Lindsay for introducing it to us. We're totally hooked.

How are you beating the heat these days?

*I was in no way, shape or form compensated for raving about these two products. I simply think they're awesome & wanted to share.

9 comments:

The Little Fisher's said...

Awesome. I think I might head to gymboree tomorrow and get some Smooze's. Thanks for telling me about these products!

Mandy said...

I sooooo need to get one of those bubble blowers for Madison!

Ratz said...

Oh!!! so cute.... your gals are so adorable... the summers here are never this fun.... most we do is come out in the morning... that's it.... but this version of the summer looks so so good.... love the bubbles... enjoyed so much with them in my school days.... ah!! the bliss of the popping bubbles... you guys enjoy your days and the summer.... we are having our monsoons now.... rain rain rain..... yipeee.....

Lindsay said...

Ahhh, thank you for reminding me! I need to get some Smooze tonight!

lumpsonablog said...

It's so worth the $6.50!

lumpsonablog said...

"Smooze's" - now say that 5 time in a row, fast! :) Enjoy!

lumpsonablog said...

Thanks a million! We did enjoy more bubbles this morning & Smooze's are on the menu for this afternoon! Stay dry over there!

lumpsonablog said...

No worries. The WF near us only carries the Mango version (not that I mind, since that's my favorite) but after seeing their website I'm thinking ordering by the case. I might have a problem... ;)

The Drama Mama said...

This looks like fun!! I'll check these out! Thanks for telling me about them.