Wednesday, August 28, 2013

{yes...mess}


It was my birthday this weekend. Michael did a really good job at coming up with some good ideas to spend time together as a family doing things the I really like. We spent Saturday at the farmer's market then went out to eat. Sunday I sang at church, we had a lazy afternoon and then some friend's came over for dinner and cupcakes. Delicious chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing. Oh my. But I digress.

We had some time on Saturday afternoon and ended up playing in the garage. I don't know why we don't do it more often. It's just the right size - and flat - for bike riding & scooting scooters, it's enclosed, close the the bathroom and any other thing one might need.

After the kids had exhausted the fun of biking & scooting in the garage, they started going through the craft stuff in our craft cart. They noticed the big roll of builder's paper (I totally stole this idea from "9 Reasons Every Home Needs Butcher Paper" by Kelle at ETST). And the finger paint. Then they started to strip to their skivvies. (Don't you paint in your undies?) The fingerpainting body painting began. And by body painting, I mean they got as much on their bodies as they did on the paper.

Then Kalea looked at us with those big eyes and asked if they could paint the wall, "Just a itsy, teeny, little, tiny bit? pleeeeeease?" Who were we to say no! You should have seen the looks on their faces when we said YES! Priceless. 
 And that, my friends, is how the story of how we have the best looking garage wall in the neighborhood. 

No comments: