Thursday, February 9, 2012

{three lumps on a bl....}

...blanket. You thought I was going to say blog, didn't you? 
I cannot believe how big these three little lumps are getting. Cade is sneaking up on his sisters weight-wise - closing in on 15 pounds; Kalea is honestly the funniest little person I know; Cassidy may as well be 14 instead of 4. The big girls each act their age - both in good and not so good ways & I'm proud of them for generally making good choices, being polite, loving & empathetic toward each other and toward others. We have our days where they about end up sold to the gypsies but at the end of each day I know our little family is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I admit that the transition to being a stay-at-home-mom (hereby abbreviated SAHM) has been tough for me. You'd think that things would be all rainbows & puppies since I spent a couple years as an early elementary teacher so seemingly should have lots of tools in my arsenal for learning, behavior and everything, but with your own kids - and with them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - it's just different. Everything seems bigger - the highs of laughter, giggles, snuggles and baby kisses and the lows of tantrums, talking back, all out fits on the floor and disobedience. It's a work in progress here at our house, one that I'm guessing is going to be progressing for a long time! 

No comments: