from DeliciousTV's VegEZ podcast
Serves 3-4 | Hands-On Time: 20m | Total Time: 45m
2 lbs. Yukon Gold or any waxy potato
1/4 c. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 c. pitted kalamata olives
15 oz. can diced tomatoes, with liquid
1 t. dried thyme
1 t. dried oregano
salt & pepper to taste
(optional) additional vegetables such as green beans, zucchini or leeks
- Quarter potatoes then cut in half again.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a heavy stew pot & add potatoes. Toss to coat.
- Add garlic & olives & saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes & stir.
- Cover the pot, lower temperature & let simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If you choose to add extra veggies, do so about half way through.
- Add herbs, salt & pepper & stir a minute or so prior to serving.